Last updated: September 29, 2022
We reserve the right to amend or update this Policy from time to time in order to accurately reflect changed circumstances or new legal requirements. As a result, it is important that you read this Policy closely so that you are fully aware of how and why we use your personal information. By providing us with personal information or using the website, you consent to the information-handling practices described in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use the Services or provide us with your information.
Personal Information We May Collect About You
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, or can be used to contact a particular individual. The specific types of personal information we may collect through the Services can be grouped as follows:
- Identity and contact information — first name, last name, mailing address, email address, billing address, position, name of employer, telephone number, dealer account username and password.
- Financial data — bank account number, wire information, and payment card details.
- Transactional data — details about orders you have placed or inquiries you have made, details about payments received from you, and information about the products or services you have ordered from us.
- Marketing and communications information — details regarding informational and promotional materials you may have requested or received from us, the products in which you are interested, your receipt of promotional communications, information on your marketing or communication preferences, and copies of communications and inquiries, including services reviews and service inquiries, you have submitted to us, including through email, chat, calls, and features available on our website or application.
- Technical support information – details about any customer service issues you are experiencing that require support.
- Device and usage information– details regarding how and when you use our website, including the device used to connect to our website, your IP address and device identifier, the frequency and duration of your usage, the pages you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our Services, and information about your interaction with our Services.
We collect this information when you access, use, or navigate our website, fill in forms on our website, request information or communicate with us (including by phone, email, or otherwise), interact with a chatbot or similar navigation features on our website, engage with our social media pages, purchase a product, download or use our SaaS application, communicate with us, create a dealer profile on our website, or otherwise directly provide the information to us.
Information We Collect Through Mobile Applications or Onboard Sensing and Control Technologies
When you use our sensing and control products (including but not limited to Intelligent Ag Recon and Engage product lines), or Intelligent Ag software applications, we may collect the following types of information from you:
- Usage details – Details of your access to and use of the applications, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the applications.
- Device information – Information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored information and files – Metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device, including photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Agricultural data (collected through the Intelligent Ag Hub, Recon Blockage Monitor, Recon SpreadSense, On Frame Blockage, and Intelligent Ag Apps) — information regarding products being applied or seeded; locations of products being applied/seeded; geospatial information about locations where products are being applied/seeded; maps regarding application information; weather information/date related to the time of application; information regarding machine (tractor and implement) data, performance, and/or settings; information regarding machine kinematics and movement; historical geolocation data; information regarding your devices; images, video and/or audio from farming activity; and other types of data.
As indicated, Intelligent Ag onboard electronics and applications have functionality that, if turned on, enables it to record. If you consent, those communications will be made available to Intelligent Ag, Intelligent Ag contractors, Intelligent Ag Affiliates, and Intelligent Ag partners.
Our applications may use services to collect statistical data about your usage of our applications. The types of information collected through usage of our applications may include: (i) Media Access Control address (as an anonymous unique device ID); (ii) User ID (as an anonymous unique user ID); (iii) Crash or error reports; (iv) device type; (v) language; (vi) OS version; (vii) SDK version; (viii) device model; (ix) display type; and (x) country. This data is used to improve the services offered to you.
Other Information We Collect From You
Like most companies, we use various technologies on our website to automatically collect the following types of information about you:
- Log Files and Device Identifiers. We use log files to track actions occurring on the website and mobile application and collect data about visitors, including IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, and device identifiers.
- Web beacons and other technologies. Our website may use other tracking tools, including web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs), which are small electronic images embedded in content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users, as well as to monitor email readership. You can opt out of pixels by adjusting your browser’s cookie settings or adjusting cookie consent options on our website to not accept marketing cookies.
- The information collected through these technologies may be combined with personal information or aggregated with other information on website visits. We may share information about your use of our website with our advertising and analytics partners, who may combine it with other information that you previously provided to them.
Information from Other Sources
We may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliates, business partners, vendor partners, contractors, suppliers, and other third parties and add it to other information we have collected. We, and the third parties we engage, may combine information we collect from you over time, and across the internet, with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve the information’s overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
Information from Social Media
If you interact with us on any social media platform: (i) depending on your social media privacy settings, the personal information that you submit on the social media platform may be read, collected, or used by us as described in this Policy, and (ii) where we respond to any interaction with you on social media, your account name/handle may be viewable by any and all members or users of our social media accounts. Social media platforms operate independently from Intelligent Ag and we are not responsible for the personal information that you choose to submit or link on any social media platform. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings of any social media platform with which you interact to help you understand their privacy practices.
How We Use Your Information
We (or the service providers acting on our behalf) use the personal information identified above for the following purposes:
- Providing you with our products and SaaS application, including the reporting, mapping, and other information collected and made available through our application and sensors.
- Providing and optimizing your experience on our website and ensuring that our content is presented to you in the most effective manner.
- Communicating with you and responding to your inquiries about our services, including to provide you with promotional and informational communications regarding our services, informing you about new services, updating you about changes to our services, and investigating any concerns you have about our services.
- Developing, updating, and improving our products, services, customer service, customer experience, and marketing efforts, and otherwise improving our knowledge and insights regarding customers and their use of our SaaS application.
- Assisting you in managing account profiles, registrations, and activities in “log-in” areas of the websites.
- Notifying you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer;
- Preventing or detecting hacking activities, financial crime, security breaches, or safety risks in connection with our website.
- Performing research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or websites.
- Providing you with surveys or otherwise solicit feedback regarding our products and services.
- Performing other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise consent to.
For more information about your options relating to your personal information and your communication preferences, see “Choices About the Collection and Use of Personal Information” below.
Our Marketing Efforts
We may send you direct marketing communications from time to time including news, updates, offers, and other announcements relating to our services and activities. We will only send marketing messages where the law allows us to do so and, in the event that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, then you can always unsubscribe using the option provided in the communication you have received (e.g., in the footer of the email) or by contacting us using the information below.
Disclosure of Your Information
When the information we collect is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you it is no longer considered “personal information.” We may use such information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share information that we collect or that you provide in the following circumstances:
- With service providers that we use to assist us with providing the website, our products, and our services, including our IT system providers, website and mobile application providers, chatbot service providers, payment processors, or API providers.
- With our subsidiaries and affiliated companies.
- With vendors that we use for our contract management and fulfillment processes, third-party marketing service providers that assist us with promotional materials and communications, and analytics vendors in order to understand our website traffic and usage patterns, optimize our website, and identify potential new clients.
- With our customer relationship management vendors as necessary for customer service and support, sales, marketing, and lead generation.
- With a buyer or other successor prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Intelligent Ag’s assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred;
- With other users of Intelligent Ag applications (as discussed above).
- Regulatory and governmental authorities, law enforcement agencies, and courts, as necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We reserve the right to disclose your information as necessary to comply with a subpoena or similar investigative demand, court order, request for cooperation from law enforcement or other governmental agency, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. We try to offer you meaningful choices regarding your personal information. Some choices you have regarding personal information include the following.
- Marketing Emails – As required by applicable laws, you can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by clicking the “opt out,” “unsubscribe,” or similar link in any such promotional emails and following the instructions provided.
- Cookies – Depending on your browser or device, you may have the option to set the browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is set, or delete cookies. Each browser and device are different, so we recommend you evaluate the tools and settings available in your browser or device, as well as any available instructions for the same. Please note that if you disable or delete cookies, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the website.
- Google Analytics – As discussed above, we use Google Analytics in connection with the website. If you would like to refrain from having your data collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an opt-out browser that you can use. You can find more information on how Google uses information it collects here.
- Interest-Based Advertising – To opt-out of personalized or interest-based advertisements, you may be able to adjust the settings on your device. Please go to your device settings and opt-out through the controls provided through Google/Android or iOS, as applicable. Each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices, has its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of interest-based advertisements. (We cannot guarantee that these instructions will not change, or that they will continue to be available; they are controlled by each mobile platform, not us.). For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator. You can also visit https://optout.aboutads.info to opt out of interest-based advertisements.
- Declining to Provide Information – You can choose not to provide us with information we may request, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website, request information about our services, make purchases, or initiate other transactions with us.
- Do Not Track Mechanisms – Please note that our website do not honor “Do Not Track” signals, and such signals will not impact the operation of the website.
- Jurisdiction-specific Choices – See below for additional choices that may be afforded to you under the laws of your place of residence.
In addition to the above, you may contact us using the details provided at the end of this Policy with any questions about the choices relating to your personal information.
California and Colorado Residents: If you are a resident of either California or Colorado, please refer to our “Privacy Notice for California and Colorado Residents” for a description of rights available to you under the laws of those states.
Canadian Residents: If you reside in Canada, various Canadian laws, including Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), may provide you certain rights with respect to your personal information, including the right to request information about the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, to request access to your personal information, and to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and have it amended as appropriate.
If you are a Canadian resident and would like to make a request regarding your personal information, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Canada Resident Request,” or otherwise contact us using the information in the “How to Contact Us” section below. We will attempt to respond to your request as quickly as possible, but may ask you to provide additional information to enable us to locate the personal information or determine how it has been used or disclosed. We will provide you access, as appropriate, at minimal or no cost to you.
Your Account Information and Password
If you have created an account to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping your account information, including username and password, confidential. Please do not to share such account information or passwords with anyone and remember to log out when you are not using our website to prevent unauthorized access.
Intelligent Ag is headquartered in North Dakota. As a result, your information on its servers in the United States. If your information was collected outside the United States, it may be necessary to transfer your information to the United States for processing in order to provide you with requested products and services. You understand and agree that information you provide may be sent to and processed by Intelligent Ag in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be the same as the data protection laws in your home country.
We may transfer your information to some of our third-party providers located in the United States or other countries. We do our best to ensure a similar degree of security by ensuring that contracts, code of conduct, or certification are in place which give your personal data the same level of protection.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We use appropriate administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Our Website is a general audience site and is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under 13. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should we discover that a child under age 13 provided us with personal information, we will use that information only to inform the child that we must have parental consent before receiving such information.
How To Contact Us
Intelligent Agricultural Solutions, LLC, 1810 NDSU Research Circle N., Fargo, ND 58102